The work is focused on the study and development of materials, processes and simulation methods for fluid separations, CO2 capture, biofuels upgrading, water purification, packaging, biomedical processes.
The research approach is problem-oriented and adopts a systematic strategy that encompasses experimental testing, molecular, macroscopic and multiscale modeling tools.
Current projects include
- Mixed matrix membranes for removal of uremic toxins from dialysate water (wearable kidney) Medtech Competition
- REDIAL Project
- Saphire Project
- Application of Machine Learning to thermodynamic models for fluid transport and separation properties of polymers and membranes
- Exploration of novel biodegradable materials and green solvents in packaging and membrane separation
- Diffusion and permeation of hydrogen and other gases into barrier materials used for pipelines and tanks
- Multiscale models for fluid transport and separation properties of polymers and membranes
- H2020 Nanomemc2 "NanoMaterials Enhanced Membranes for Carbon Capture" 2016-2019 funded by Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation program under Grant Agreement n° 727734
- Open_Mask_Lab "A virtual Open Lab for sharing face mask test design, analysis and calibration" 2020-2021 funded by EOSC secretariat.eu through the EU Horizon Programme call H2020-INFRAEOSC-05-2018-2019 GA 831644